Sunday, October 22, 2017

Multi Ink Pad Storage Unit

Hi everyone!

Well I've finally finished my multi ink pad storage unit! What a mammoth task it was. I got really lax when on the home stretch and while using my craft knife made a few slits in my fingers. They are almost healed now thank goodness!

I have had this unit finished for about a month now but am only just getting down to writing the cutting guide. I had edited the videos a while back on how I made the units and how I embellished them but have been procrastinating about whether or not I should sell the pattern.

My daughter's partner, Mike is an entrepreneur type of guy. He has his own business teaching kids to draw, and when he visited us recently he couldn't believe I wasn't capitalising on my creative journey. He has been at me to start selling my products or at least sell the patterns or put them in a book. So I have bit the bullet and have decided to put a book together on creating storage items for your craft room. So keep an eye out for that one!

Having said that I still think there are people who don't want to buy a book on how to build 10 storage units so I have decided to sell the pattern for the multi ink pad storage unit separately for a small fee.

As you can imagine there is a lot of work involved in the design process, as well as a lot of waste of chipboard while working out the pattern, not to mention writing the instruction guide. I don't know why I'm trying to justify my reasons for selling this pattern - oh wait, I do! I just like to share my love of crafting. But as I am unemployed I do need the income to be able to afford more chipboard and Aleene's Tacky Glue LOL.

Anyway, I have tried to keep the cost down to $5 (Australian). I have given the cutting guide which includes all measurements you need to create both units. Along with the following videos to help you see how I put them together.

I used a metal spinning mechanism for my unit however, plastic spinners are also good enough. The only place I've been able to get them here in Australia is Scrapadabadoo.com. CLICK HERE to see the spinners available.

Multi Ink Storage Unit - Building
Multi Ink Storage Unit - Regular Unit Embellishing
Multi Ink Storage Unit - Distress Oxide Unit Embellishing

If you would like to download a copy of the instructions you can click here
Should you have any problems viewing this (google sharing is touchy) please email me at ozegran@gmail.com

Thank you all so much for all the inspiration and support you have given me over the last 8 years!








Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny- would love to make units you created:) Is your book finished and up for sale yet? Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete