Sunday, September 17, 2017

Art Journal Page 165

Hi everyone!

Well, the ICAD challenge is now complete and over for another year. I don't know if I'll attempt it next year as this was a massive challenge for me. I'm glad I actually got through it though. Mission accomplished!

So, creating all those ICADs gave me the urge to get back into my art journalling. It didn't come as easily as I thought though. I kept adding layers upon layers as I do when I'm stumped. Once I thought I'd had added enough layers I thought the page had a kind of magical feel to it, so I googled 'whimsical images' and found the unicorn.

So, as I do (because I cannot draw) I printed the image onto copy paper and cut it out with a craft knife, very carefully as I wanted to use it as a stencil and mask. That was very time consuming but in the end, worth it.

Once the unicorn was on the page I decided it needed a title or something else. I couldn't think of anything else so searched for a 'believe' quote and found the one I used. Although it needed to be written on the page, not printed & glued. It stumped me until I just bit the bullet and decided to have a go at it. I used a Stabilo All pencil so that I could erase easily if needed (it was LOL), then when OK with how it looked went over it with a black POSCA pen. Quite pleased with my handwriting efforts LOL.

Anyway, glad the first journal page is out of the way and I can get back into it, although I don't think there will be done as frequently as the ICADs. I will try to post one page a week and if there are more, well that's a bonus!

You can watch the full process video on YouTube by clicking HERE.

Products used:

Liquitex Professional Gesso
? 'flamingo pink' acrylic paint
Pebeo 'cerulean blue' acrylic paint
Reeves 'titanium white' acrylic paint
Liquitex Basics 'copper' acrylic paint
Simon Says Stamp 'ring cluster' stencil
Liquitex Basics 'bronze' acrylic paint
Global 'brilliant gold' acrylic paint
Tim Holtz 'trellis' layering stencil
Tim Holtz 'stripes' layering stencil
Creative PL 'mars black' acrylic paint
Brilliance 'cosmic copper' ink by Tsukeniko
Black Stabilo All pencil
Black POSCA pen
Heidi Swapp 'gold' Color Shine















Thanks so much for stopping by!

Smiles
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment