Monday, January 19, 2015

Card Series - Birthday #19

Hi everyone! Back again with week 2 of my 52 week card series for 2015.

This time I have another aged birthday card, this time it's a more simple card. This card was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest. The lady that makes these also sells them in her Etsy store at DaizyBlueDesigns. You can buy them from here. Well here goes!

Card Base: White cardstock cut to 8 1/4" x 5 1/4" scored in half at 4 1/8" (side folding card), Bottom right corner punched with We R Memory Keepers corner chomper

Top Layer: Black cardstock cut to 5" x 3 7/8", bottom right corner punched with We R Memory Keepers corner chomper

Before cutting the top layer I created a document in Microsoft Word, inserted a text box the same size as the top layer cardstock and typed in the following lines:

"is only 15 in Scrabble"

I then printed the document onto cardstock, cut it down to size then stamped the "SIXTY" scrabble tiles using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

Once the stamped word was dry I took an E00 Copic marker and coloured in the scrabble tiles.

Using the Learning Curve Cricut cartridge I cut the 60 from black cardstock using the Shadow option at 1 3/4". I adhered these numbers at the top of the top layer using Scotch Quick Dry adhesive. I then took my clear Wink of Stella pen and covered the 60 making it all shiny and sparkly!

That's it! Job done! Just adhere the top layer to the card base.

Oh, forgot about the inside sentiment. Because it's a black card base I cut another piece of white cardstock to 5" x 3 7/8", adhered it to the inside of the card and stamped the sentiment from the KaiserCraft stamp set "Today". Again, don't forget to chomp the bottom right corner of each piece!

So here's the finished product!


OK, so it is VERY plain! So I decided to go surfing for a scrabble board background online. Found one and softened it so it was barely noticeable, printed it out onto white cardstock, stamped the scrabble tiles, attached the 60 and put it all together and here is the result of that one (NOTE: you may need to enlarge it to see the actual board in the background LOL).


OK, two down, 50 to go! Here's the link to this week's card on YouTube:

Card Series - Birthday #19



1 comment:

  1. hehehe it is a funny one. I saw this on Pinterest and just had to make it.
    PS: I edited my post to add the lady's Etsy store via a link
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete