Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Scrapadabadoo DT Project - Paper Bag Mini Album Using Tim Holtz "Wallflower"

Hi everyone!

In my Design Team package I received some kraft coloured mini paper bags, so I thought what better way to use them than to make a paper bag mini album. Not just a mini album - a gatefold style mini album.



I used only 8 of the 20 you receive in the packet from Scrapadabadoo (currently on sale! Click Here) so maybe there might just be another project using the paper bags lol. You could most certainly use more than 8 with this mini album though.

I cut the paper bags down to 5", matted them using the amazing Wallflower paper by Tim Holtz, added some mini pockets, used the WRMK File Tab punch to add to the tag tops but you could also use the Tim Holtz File Tabs, and then had fun creating the covers!

There are two spines to this mini album and it closes with a metal closure just like this one from Scrapadabadoo (click here to see closure).

Since the cover of this mini album has two spines I had to join the paper pieces together in order to get a piece long enough to cover the outside covers & spine. However - I added a touch of Kraft-Tex to the spines to cover the joins! I only have the kraft coloured Kraft-Tex but Barrie & Carol carry all three colours - check them out here! But I had fun painting, dry embossing, rubbing Inka Gold, Gilder's Paste and other wax-based mediums onto the Kraft-Tex to totally alter it!

So I wanted something more than just a plain straight edge to the Kraft-Tex so I decided to take another piece, punch it with the Iron Gate On the Edge die by Tim Holtz. WOW! That really made a difference to the look of the front of the album. This Kraft-Tex is so so easy to use, manipulate and to work with!



The addition of the Wood Shapes - Flags by Studio Calico really make the pages stand out! I stamped onto tissue paper using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black and adhered it to the wooden banners using Studio Multi Matte Medium by Claudine Helmuth - so so easy! Looks like it was stamped directly onto the wooden pieces!



I must say that this Wallflower paper by Tim Holtz is very versatile (and it's like a never-ending paper pad! I'm still making projects with it!). Just look at the difference in contrast from the Mini Distress Ink Pad Storage Unit to this Paper Bag Mini Album - chalk and cheese in colour tones! So whatever look you're going for, I'm almost certain you will find it with this paper line!

OK, so I have written an instruction document (click here for the full instructions) as well as just the cutting guide (click here for the cutting guide only).

If you decide to make this paper bag mini album I'm sure we would all love to see how it looks. I love seeing the same project used with the same paper line and having them come out so totally different!!! I think this is very possible with this collection. Please share your finished paper bag mini albums on the Scrapadabadoo Crafts Facebook page here.



OK, onto the next project :)

Smiles
Jen

2 comments: