Friday, October 26, 2012

Ink Storage Unit - Mark II (completed)

Here's another ink storage unit - this time it holds 24 Ranger Archival Ink Pads, 24 Distress Ink Pads and 24 Alcohol Ink Refill bottles.

This unit was created pretty much like the original was but sizing had to be adjusted due to the longer depth of the Archival Ink pads. However this created an advantage which allowed room for the addition of the Alcohol Ink bottles - score! This unit is for Mandy - enjoy!

I haven't written a tutorial for this one as yet, and don't think I will either. I will provide the measurements here and you can create it pretty much in the same way as the original storage unit.

Each layer measures 7" x 7". The height is 13 1/4" (this is without including the spinner - yes this one spins too!).

The labels for the Archival Ink pads are different as only one label on each of the two shorter ends is required. This posed a problem, along with the fact that as there is a longer area to cover, the paper strip does not extend to the entire perimeter. Not important anyway, as long as both ends can be labelled - which they are. You can grab the label sheet here.

Please email or leave a comment here with a link to your completed storage units.

Have fun creating!





15 comments:

  1. It turned out just simply AMAZING!!! I love it! I love that it has a place for the re-inkers right with the pads. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Great job! *hugs* =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Felicia
      This one's for Mandy - I think I'm over storage units now, so don't think I'm gonna make one for me - just yet anyway LOL
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  2. That turned out great,I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wonderful! And a lot of planning and work. Excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita
      Since I did the distress ink storage unit first, this one actually fell right into place - had the perfect amount of space left over for the reinkers.
      Thanks for commenting :)
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  4. So cool!! I love the few archival inks that I have and use them often. Like the bright & sassy paper on your storage unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, this one's for Mandy, she chose the paper - bright & sassy like her LOL
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  5. Love your units. I am a little slow getting things completed but want to send a link to the Distress Ink pad tower I made for all 48 ink pads. I loved it so much I created a tower for all 48 of the refill bottles. I have posted to my blog so this is the link, http://delo-myblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/its-what-day-cant-be-oct-30-already.html
    Thanks for sharing your creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delo
      Left a comment on your blog - thanks for sharing your storage units. They're awesome!!!
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  6. Hi Jenny I would really like to try this but cant find the PDF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Sorry, but there is no real tutorial for this one. I made it for my daughter.
      Smiles
      Jen

      Delete
  7. Wow, talk about alot of work. This is awesome and from scratch too. Love it!! Thanks for stopping by and following me. Shari (cricutrookie)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your units. I am a little slow getting things completed but want to send a link to the Distress Ink pad tower I made for all 48 ink pads. I loved it so much I created a tower for all 48 of the refill bottles. storage chilliwack

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that having a good storage units salt lake city set up is such a great idea. One thing people are always looking for is a place to put their extra junk.

    ReplyDelete