Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #33

This is a challenge hosted by Studio L3 and the challenge this week was to create an altered art piece using Tim Holtz alcohol inks & pens. I don't own the pens but I do own some alcohol inks so here's what I did:


  1. Cut a piece of Aluminium Stucco sheet to an ATC size of 2.5" x 3.5"

  2. Using various pinks, purples and brown colours in the alcohol inks, along with some blending solution, coloured the metal piece with the ink applicator

  3. Coloured the butterfly charm using purple, pink, gold & black alcohol inks (using a paint brush)

  4. Took a piece of thin metal cut to a circle, punched a hole and coloured it using gold mixative, silver mixative and black alcohol ink, punched the letter A into the metal, painted the black alcohol ink into the A groove

  5. Took an angel silver charm and coloured it with alcohol inks in bronze & gold mixative alcohol inks, coloured the hair using a paint brush dipped in black alcohol ink, coloured the dress in Cranberry alcohol ink

  6. Punched a hole in the corner of the metal ATC and attached a silver chain mixed in copper mixative, added jump rings attaching the circle and the butterfly.

Metal ATC

1 comment:

  1. Geez Jen I better extract my digit and get my challenge done lol. You have inspired me to get cracking. I love what you have created here, love it, love it, love it!!!!
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete